About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 15 July 2015

The Dawn XIII

I had trouble sleeping, thinking about my trip, wondering about my future, sore feet and I think I ate gluten.  I looked over and Carl was still passed out and I'm thankful to have met him.  I quietly got out of bed, picked out some comfortable clothes for my long flight home and made my way to the washroom.  Cold water and Advil was always welcoming on a Sunday morning and I miss Leann...I remembered that I haven't texted with Mike, the cop, in a long while.  I turned the shower on and crawled in the tub to relax and hopefully chase away the anxiety I was feeling.  The beauty of hotels is they almost never run out of hot water.

I attempted to think my way through my anxiety, I've been taking the pills and other than my interaction with Mike on LI everything was great.  It was Mike, I was starting to feel the way I did in Chicago and I just needed to breath my way through.  My train of thought was broken by Carl banging on the door, I imagine his gin ran the course of his body.  I giggled and jumped out of the shower; he's a great roommate.  I gathered my things and wrapped a towel around myself, it was time to start my day so I could end my trip.

I was dressed and packing by the time he got out of the shower and we decided to check our bags with the front desk, grab some coffee and tea then shop for a couple of hours.  Carl's train left before my cab to the airport and when I thought about it I could feel the anxiety rise and I think I have issues with either people leaving or feeling left behind...I'll talk to Laura about it.  We looked over the room once more and closed the door.

Arm in arm we walked through the streets, found a great coffee place and effortlessly lost ourselves in conversation again.  He thinks my anxiety is about flying and at one time he would have been right.  I kept changing my course of thought and reframing because although I am leaving NY, I am going home and I can't wait to see Dan and tell him all about Carl.  We wondered through shops while Carl tried to finish off our pack of cigarettes, I was never a morning smoker.  His train was leaving soon but he didn't leave, instead he stayed long enough to hug me, kiss both cheeks and put me in a cab...he made sure I left first...

No comments:

Post a Comment