About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 9 July 2015

The Dawn VII

I woke with only a mild headache, I finally left when they decided to find a strip club.  It actually turned out to be a great evening once I turned off my phone and forgot about Mike...I wonder how he is today.  I showered and packed all my things, I have to catch the subway to Manhattan then transfer and walk six blocks...with all of my luggage.  I jumped in the shower, brushed my teeth and made a coffee while my hair dried.  I was looking forward to meeting Jeremy and Carl today; I had been talking to them for a couple weeks on line and enjoyed getting to know them.  Jeremy comes from an upscale New York family and Carl is from Essex, England and is working on his masters.

I took the shuttle to the subway station and nearly puked when I seen I had to climb four flights of stairs with my oversized bag...ugh.  I crammed myself into the already overstuffed car and hoped everyone would be getting out on the first stop in Manhattan so I could breath; at this point I debated throwing out everything except my Michael Kors boots and starting fresh.  I had to laugh because even with everything going on during this trip I have not forgotten that I am in NY and come hell or high water I am going to meet people and have a great time...as soon as I re-shower and lose the smell of subway.

I finally made it to my hotel and was giddy when they bumped my reservation to a junior suite...shit seems to always work out.  Sometimes I wonder what I could have been doing with all the time I spent worrying about nothing.  I threw everything on one of the beds and grabbed my purse, I was meeting Jeremy in his office in twenty minutes and Carl should be checking into his room in a few hours.  I definitely had a skip in my step.  The sun hit my face when I walked out the front doors and I felt amazing...happiness is a choice, an outlook, an attitude...I got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment