About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 8 July 2015

The Dawn VI

I cannot believe that the pub is crawling with police; detectives no less.  My day that started less than stellar is on track to end the same way.  Cops and I just don't get along, or maybe we do in a weird sort of way.  I continued to watch the game but spent most of my time listening to the Brooklyn and Irish accents and it makes me giggle when stereotypes present themselves.  Anywhere else on the planet the conversations would have sounded like an aggressive argument, but not here, here they are colleagues giving far too much information.  I could spot a younger cop making his way down the bar slowly towards me and I thought about jumping ship...but I didn't.

"Hey, I'm Vince.  Can I buy you a drink?"  I didn't even turn my head because I already knew he was handsome and complete trouble.  "No thanks, I'm just about ready to leave".  After a few minutes of small talk I finally gave him my name, this was feeling more like a game...and I was really enjoying it.  I excused myself and walked outside to have a cigarette with some of the other officers from the precinct, I found it interesting that every single one of them carried a gun just like it was their wallet.  I wondered how easily I could get one of them to let me shoot the gun, I think I could have but didn't ask for fear of what they would want in return.  These guys were fun and hilarious, I was having a great time at the party I was never invited to.  

I walked back into the pub with a few of the guys and immediately heard someone yelling my name, "Natalie come have a shot".  I laughed and threw my head back, I'll do one shot and call it a night...I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment