About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 12 July 2015

The Dawn X

I woke rested and feeling ready to take on the city.  I looked over to the other bed and Carl was still catching his Z's so I grabbed some clothes and a towel and headed for the shower.  We stayed up late drinking, eating junk food and watching shows.  Carl is an amazing man and never once made me feel uncomfortable; we share the same sense of humor plus he's intelligent, creative, beautiful and kind...I wish he could meet Dan.  It occurred to me that I haven't told him about my situation and made a mental note to do so at some point today.


I turned off the shower, brushed my teeth, dressed and knocked on the door to make sure it was safe to go back into the room.  He was watching the news and drinking tea...typical Brit.  We were going to the Guggenheim today and I was excited because I waited ten years to finally make my way through it and going with an artist would only make the trip better.  He jumped in the shower and I made coffee and did my hair.  It's such a great day already.


We made our way up through Times Square and bought some comedy show tickets for the late viewing.  Carl tried countless times to get me to jump in a cab but I just can't, I love walking the city...even with aching feet from my new boots.  We walked over to the Upper East Side and had lunch and a drink and after walking fifty blocks he finally convinced me to take a cab the last twenty but had to promise we could walk all the way back.  My time with him is already effortless, like we have been friends forever...and just as promised he gave me an amazing tour through the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment