About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 23 March 2015

Still Lost VI

The flight was pretty uneventful and after waiting for over an hour in line at the car rental company we were finally hitting the coast to our favourite taco stand.  We managed to score a convertible and we took full advantage...after we read all directions on how to actually put the top down.  Okay, so three hours after touch down in LA and we are finally driving the coast, well we're more like stuck in grid lock on the freeway and cooking in the unforgiving sun.  This is about right for our vacations, but if I have to be stuck in a car I wouldn't pick anyone else; I wondered if he still felt like that.  By the time we reached the stand we were both famished and ordered far more food then we could possibly eat at one meal.  We sat out at a table by the ocean and discussed our plans for the weekend, I really wanted to walk to the Hollywood sign and we wanted to check out some places on Sunset BLVD...other than that we'll stay in Venice Beach and enjoy the weather, water and pubs.

We finally found our condo and parked the car.  It was beautiful and beach front.  The weather was perfect and we were finally feeling relaxed by the time we got settled, "wanna grab a drink?"  He smiled, "definitely, let's do a pub crawl and check this place out".  Dan may be my favourite friend ever, I can do absolutely anything with him and always feel comfortable.  We have never had a struggle in our marriage, and now with so much changing I wonder if we have the tools to make it through and come out the other side.  Dan and I don't fight, we don't yell or name call, we just talk and discuss...I've heard people say that fighting makes a relationship stronger and I really hope that is just a myth.  After all Dan and I have gotten through so much together without ever turning on one another.  We've trekked through countries for weeks at a time, we were struck in a storm on a boat in the Irish Sea, we were robbed of all of our money, ID and passports in Bosnia and never once said a mean thing to one another.  When times were tough we just became closer friends and stuck together; so what had changed?  Why was I not doing that now?

We grabbed a seat on the patio of a pub and ordered some drinks, we didn't talk much and the more I think about it the harder it becomes to strike up conversation.  "Let's just put the marriage away for now and just enjoy this".  He always knows exactly what to say to make me feel better and relaxed.  We grabbed our drinks and clinked the bottles...


No comments:

Post a Comment